(Photo above by Jakob Owens / Unsplash)
Hope only disappears when we decide something is hopeless.
Yes, we live in uncertain times. But Buddhists believe if we allow ourselves to lose hope, then that’s on us. However, if we decide to live with an undefeated heart, there is nothing we can’t achieve. Here are 6 quotes on choosing hope in the face of uncertainty.
1. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Where there’s life, there’s hope. Hope only disappears when you decide something is hopeless.” — Daisaku Ikeda
3. “I have learned that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
4. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. “If you summon your courage to challenge something, you’ll never be left with regret. How sad it is to spend your life wishing, ‘If only I’d had a little more courage.’ Whatever the outcome may be, it is important to take a step forward on the path that you believe is right. There’s no need to worry about what others may think. Be true to yourself. It’s your life, after all.” — Daisaku Ikeda
Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe